I won't lie. When I heard of the results of Proposition 8, I felt a huge lump in my throat. I got emotional. In fact, I'm upset and saddened by every single state that passed a ban on gay marriage. In California, the votes were very close - so, although the outcome isn't how I would've liked, it's great to see that there are enough people in that state who support gay marriage.
While it is true that Proposition 8 didn't effect either state I've resided in this year and I don't have intentions on getting married soon (if it were even possible for me to do so), I know many people who are from those states whose love and desires are pure and true - yet had their rights taken away. It's just sad. I don't know what else to say.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Prop 8
Posted by Nik at 6:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I agree... it is extremely sad that the people in California lost the right to get married.
I think it's sad that human beings have such closed-minded views. If people would just LIVE the accepting and loving viewpoints that they preach, this world would be SUCH a better place. Why can't people just say 'I love you, I support you' instead of 'I love you and support you IF...' *sigh*
Post a Comment