I don't mean to continue to mention death in my posts, but this entry deals primarily with my mom and why she is a constant source of strength in my life.
I was talking to my mom today and she was telling me about the day my father had passed away. She mentioned it was near the end of the day and that all of us kids were over at a friends house. My father's body had been just taken away, friends and family were leaving the house and she was left sitting on the front porch. The sun was setting and while she was sitting there, she could hear cars honking and driving by - the sounds of life moving on all around her. She told me tonight that while she was sitting there, she just wanted to scream 'STOP' to the world - just for a minute... because at that minute, her life had stopped. She then told me that that was the moment she knew she was going to make it... and from then on, she took it minute by minute - until she could take it hour by hour, day by day, then month by month.
My mom went on to raise four children, go back to school for nursing, work full-time - and still find time to make sure that we kids never went without. Looking back on my life, I realize that I never doubted how much my mom loved me and cared for me - and from that strength, determination, and love she helped mold me into the person I am today. In honor of my incredible mom, and to all the amazing selfless mothers out there, I wish a very Happy Mother's Day.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Brigitte
Posted by Nik at 11:56 PM
Labels: family, Mothers Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment