CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

death to the treadmill

Here's the thing - I'm planning on running a half-marathon with my sister this April. I've already started training for it, but I think I'm going to track my progress here. I'm hoping it'll give me the extra motivation I need to keep going.

In 2006, my sister, her husband and I ran a marathon. It was very emotional and wonderful... the entire race benefited the Huntsman Cancer Foundation here in Utah and it was on my dad's birthday (who passed away from cancer). So that alone was motivation enough to train for a marathon - despite working full time and going to school full time. Looking back, I don't know how in the hell I did it - but it was more than worth it.

This time around, the plan was originally that myself, my mom and my siblings would run a half marathon to do something as a family. With our family, diabetes, cancer and being overweight is fairly common, so my sister and I thought it'd be a great idea to get us together doing something that would benefit us all. Well, it hasn't gone as well as scheduled with the whole family - in fact only my oldest sister and I are going to run it... so that's why I need to write of my progress - if not for anything else, to keep me motivated and get myself excited about my successes.

I've been training for about a week and a 1/2 and my long distance so far is 3 miles... this week is going to be 4 miles. I'm thinking of going to run at either Sugarhouse Park or Liberty Park - They are both such visually stimulating places to run and it's so damn relaxing compared to a treadmill.

God, I hate the treadmill...

0 comments: