Scott left for a trip back to the mid-west today - he'll be gone a week, which should be filled with time with family and a few auditions with potential schools for his graduate program. I wanted to take him to the airport even though I had to work, so I talked with Michelle (my friend and the manager of the bakery I work at) and was able to do so. I ended up getting back to the apartment a few minutes earlier than I thought and Scott was finishing some last minute packing. I walked into our bathroom area and he had written on the mirror with a dry erase marker that said the following:
"Because you are thoughtful, funny, kind, caring, beautiful, understanding, intelligent, unconditional, sensitive, crass, intuitive, shy
Because you have an amazing smile, ambition, good taste, determination, great laugh, focus, patience, great ass
I love you."
It was probably the sweetest thing he, or anyone else, has ever said and I instantly felt so in love that my chest hurt. That's not to say I wasn't in love before - but I think we're at a point in our relationship where we are very comfortable with each other and we both know we love each other, but probably don't say it enough. I guess this was a little wake up to make me realize I am head over heels in love with this man. *sigh* Which made it more difficult to drop him off at the airport, but left me smiling throughout the rest of the night.
In work related news, I'm loving the new position. It's all very new and fresh for me, so I'm loving the fact that I'm learning everyday. I'm still struggling with the fact that I have to do customer service along with the baking/managerial responsibilities. Let's be honest - I don't like people. I'm a genuinely nice person but mainly, I don't like talking with people I don't know. Like today, for instance. A large, stout woman came to the counter talking loudly on her cell phone in a nagging, nasally tone - I paid no attention because, well, the fat bitch was talking on her cell phone. Besides the fact that it is incredibly annoying, it's not the most respectful, but whatever - I went about my business. About a minute goes by and I literally know more about her life than I care to, when she yells 'Can I get some help here?'. I say 'Oh, I didn't want to interrupt your conversation.' while another associate helps her get some donuts to make those giant thighs even larger. I walked away, repulsed, vowing not to eat donuts or talk on a cell phone in a public place. We'll see how that goes.
In marathon news, I'm no longer training for the half-marathon. My sister decided to switch to a 5K because of health issues, so I decided to do that instead as well. Hopefully we'll be able to get other members of the fam to join as well. In the meantime, I'll be training for the relay marathon in June. It should be pretty intense...
Have you heard Janet Jackson's new album? As long as you don't look at the cover art (or any of the pictures in the booklet where she is wearing the same outfit as the cover) - the album is THE SHIT. I told Scott initially that it's an acquired taste - well, bitch, I've acquired a taste and it's delicious. It's so funny though, because part of me feels like I'm in high school again and I need to constantly find out what's new in the world of Janet. Lately I've been going to this website 'Janet-Xone' where it gives up-to-date news and information regarding everything Janet. I used to go to it ALL THE TIME during the Velvet Rope and All For You eras - but something drew me back. With each news story, there is a feedback link where people can voice their opinions about the news story or whatever the hell they feel like. It is so hilarious in there... people are defending Janet to the death while others are supporters of Mariah Carey and just talk shit on Janet. Some say Janet's too lazy or outdated and things of that nature - and it turns into this huge drama fest. It's hilarious to read and I can't seem to get enough.
In other news, I've decided to "read" 1984. I actually got the audio-book from the library and I listen to it during my commute to work. I LOVE IT so much. Beside the fact that the book is read by this man with a beautiful accent, the book is incredible. It makes me doubt the news and the government and wonder how much of it is actually fact. It also makes me love the fact that I can think freely - I'm only a little ways in, but I am enthralled by it... Can't wait to see what happens.
Good god. It's time for bed. You see what happens when Scott isn't around? I lose myself in the enticing world of blogging. *sigh* Until next time.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
I'll dream of him tonight
Posted by Nik at 11:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment