CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Balance

I just painted a picture. It was my intent to paint something with balance - I'm a firm believer that life should be balanced but it's interesting how the finished result reflects what I must really be feeling inside. I chose two colors - red and blue. I chose red to symbolize the deep, emotional feelings in my life and blue to show the positive aspect of life. I started out with paintbrushes, but quickly realized that it wasn't working well - so I chose to fingerpaint. It sounds very elementary, but it was a unique experience to feel the paint in your fingertips and to slowly feel my way over a blank canvas. It became very apparent in a matter of minutes that the red area had pushed its way to about 2/3 of the canvas. The blue area faded its way onto the canvas as well - after about an hour and a half of feeling my way through, I was finished. This is the result:

0 comments: