Long story short, I am back in Utah. Scott, myself, and Proud Mary (my Dodge Neon) trekked 1,500 miles from Chicago to Utah over the span of 2 days. We started driving on Sunday, taking a break in Des Moines at Scott's moms and continued the journey on Monday. I won't lie - when entering Salt Lake City after being in Chicago, I couldn't help but feel a little down. I forgot how brown, dry and small Salt Lake City actually is... not to say that Salt Lake City can't be lovely, but this time of year just isn't. And it definitely made me second guess my choice in coming here.
Over this past week, I was able to spend time with nearly all my siblings and mom, play with my nieces and nephews (and I've been graciously blessed with arts and crafts from each of them), revisit some great friends and spend quality time with Scott before he headed back to Chicago. I also had an interview with Harmon's Grocery as a bakery manager - a step up from the position I had when I worked with the company before. The interview went well and I'm still waiting to hear back - hopefully it works out... it'd be such a great opportunity in so many ways.
Intentionally, I'm glazing over the details of this past week. It's been very emotional for me to say goodbye to my life in Chicago (if even for a short while), to see my family again and to be able to spend time with Sadie, having to say goodbye to Scott now knowing exactly when I'll see him again --- I've cried a lot over these past few days... to the point I'm a little tired and could sleep for a long time. But I won't - I'm truly intrigued by the idea of my being here. I still don't know why I am here or what exactly the purpose is, but I'm excited to find out.
Anyway, it may be a while before I write again - I'm going to be moving in tomorrow with a very dear friend and her family and I'm not sure when I'll be able to get the chance to update. I forget how involved setting up a new chapter in your life is...
Friday, March 20, 2009
this is the place?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
We hope everything goes well with this new endeavor...our thoughts are with you
Post a Comment