CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wilting Lupins

I just got home from work and decided I had nothing better to do than sit on the couch and look around online at various things... I currently have two cats laying on me and I'm staring out my patio door at the Salt Lake Valley.
It's good times... And since I'm so relaxed (and my cats are as well) here are a few things that have caught my attention over the past few days.

* I enjoy math. Who knew. At work we did training on various formulas to determine everything in the store from the average cent per customer on a given day to individual sale items and how they are factoring into the overall financial goals of the store... Things like that. I didn't think I'd like it, but I found it very fascinating... And I couldn't help but feel that the knowledge/experience I acquired would be beneficial in the future... not necessarily at Harmon's either. Maybe when I open my own business, perhaps?

* I hate rat tails. Do you know what a rat tail is? Hold on... let me google it real quick and see if I can find a picture -
Woof. That is some nasty shit. I was driving home from work the other day and I saw a whole group of kids with rat tails... is it a new trend? Because whoever told these children that rat tails were a good idea were lying - and laughing soon after. And for your viewing pleasure, another picture that was pulled up from google:
Lesson of the day? Don't get a rat tail and don't pull rats tails. They are both bad news.

* I had a lady that helps out in the bakery tell me "You know, you are such a sincere, sweet person. When you get higher manager positions, I bet you are going to have the best employees working for you because of your character and how you treat everyone." Honestly, I don't take compliments well, so I smiled and said thanks - but I thought that was such a randomly sweet thing to say. So I had to write it down here so I don't forget it.

* So my combined family (which translates to Pugmire/Morley family) had a large family picture last Sunday. I always thought that we had a big family, but seeing those pictures... Jeezy Chreezy - I'm going to have to get a panoramic frame for it. It was great to get everyone together... We typically see each other at holidays and sporadically throughout the year at random events and birthdays and whatnot, but it was great to spend time with everyone together. I think this situation with Sadie has really opened my eyes to the fact that we can't take time for granted. Time's just flies by too fast...

*Speaking of time, I can't believe it's already well into April. And I can't believe that we're still getting snow. I think we need to sign a petition and take it to the (wo)Man in charge and say "Look - winter's great and all, but seriously. It's time to let this snow thing go for the season, mmk?" or something a little more eloquent but along those same lines. Scott got me a big planter box for Easter with two lupin plants and one rose bush... The lupins are all sad and dying because of the snow...(I think it's because of the snow... I like to think that I can take care of plants... I talk to them sometimes. They like that right? But what do you say to a wilting lupin? I'm not experienced enough to know how to handle this situation... my first instinct is to uproot and throw, but it's a gift, you know?) :)

Well, the cats are up and whining for food so I should probably close this out. Tomorrow is my day off and I'll be spending it with some of my favorite ladies - My mom, sister and nieces. I have the pleasure of accompanying Sadie to her treatment tomorrow... I'm actually really looking forward to it. I think one of the greatest fears I have about Sadie's cancer is that everything involved with it is so familiar, yet so unknown. I hope to learn more about what Sadie is facing - that way at least I'll know... you know?

Happy Wilting Lupin Day everyone! (It's a holiday I just made up - It's totally going to catch on.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is....Can I get an AMEN on the rat tail thing. These are my sentiments EXACTLY!!!