Today was the 9th day in a row that I worked... but I finally have a day off tomorrow, so I'm taking the chance now to write down some thoughts before I go to bed.
I made a decision about Chicago - Scott and I are planning on moving near the end of July. After I wrote that last blog, Scott was concerned about what exactly my intentions were (because my choice would obviously affect him in a substantial way). So we went on a long walk around the neighborhood and talked about exactly what we were feeling and what we think would be best. After a long discussion, the ultimate decision came from the idea that Sadie may be alive for a lot longer than doctors expect... and life should be lived until something happens. I won't lie - it is still hard for me to think about... but I feel good about making this decision.
So - Scott and I are moving to Chicago. In three months, I will be moving across the country to a large city I've never even been to. While I am torn inside about the thought of leaving family and a little annoyed that things are finally working out career-wise in Utah for me, I've very optimistic about moving to Chicago. I feel like an immigrant coming to America - like Chicago is my 'land of opportunity' or something. I think it will be the perfect place for Scott and I in regard to our careers and I feel that it will be a great growing opportunity for our relationship. I'm looking forward to that...
I don't know what else to say... I should probably be in bed now - my only day off this week is tomorrow and I'll be spending it making some cakes for my friend Warren. He has been teaching classes for his church, and they are having their confirmation this weekend. So I'll be making two 1/2 sheet cakes for the event. It'll be some good experience for me - I feel like I've been slacking in that area since I took on this management position at Harmon's. My first love is cakes and decorating and I sure as hell don't do enough of it at work... so I think it'll be relaxing for me to get back in touch with what I love.
Another thing I'm getting back into is marathon training. My sister, her husband and I are part of a relay marathon this June. There will be 12 of us running from Logan to Park City - and the great thing is that each one of us runs a portion of the race. I think there are about 3 different runs for each of us (ranging from 3-6 miles each, varying in difficulty with hills/mountains and whatnot). I knew about this marathon at the beginning of this year and I started out with my training very strong - then I heard about Sadie and I literally lost all motivation to do anything. It was like that for about a month... after that, my position at work became more involved and I couldn't find time... and now, I have two months left and I need to get my ass in check. I've been running this week - but I'm rusty as hell. *sigh* I'll do better. I'm getting back in my groove... I think.
Anyway, enough chit chat. Time for bed... Good night everyone.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Decisions Made
Posted by Nik at 11:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment