So, it's one in the morning. Scott is asleep on the couch and I'm tapping away on his laptop in the bedroom. The apartment is very quiet and the only sounds are of passing cars and the occasional Trax train speeding by. I feel good today and it feels good to say that.
I worked the closing shift tonight at work. It was a busy, hectic mess at work, but exciting nonetheless. It was the night before Easter, so everyone was frantic getting their last minute gift ideas and ingredients for meals, etc. One of my main jobs tonight was writing names on the individual chocolate eggs... God, I don't think I can even count how many I did tonight... But the whole hussle of the shoppers and the abundance of pastel colors blurring by really got me thinking about Easter. For a Christian, it is such a miraculous holiday. In fact, I'd go as far to say if you were a believer of Jesus Christ, Easter would be the pinnacle holiday in your book. Sure, Christmas is fine. Yay for an immaculate conception and all - but the resurrection?! That is incomprehensible. It is something worth celebrating - I hope that more people do an incredible amount off celebrating today. As for me, I'm reveling in the fact that I have the whole day off to spend with the man I love and enjoy a holiday that is symbolic of life and new beginnings.
Regardless of who you are or what you believe, I hope you enjoy a great Easter.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Happy Easter
Posted by Nik at 1:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Nick!! I am so freaking glad you have a blog. I need to keep in touch with you! We have to get together soon. I know you have 2 jobs, but we should go to dinner this weekend like Saturday or something. Let me know if this works. I would love to meet your boy! Check out my blog.
Tina
http://thehambonies.blogspot.com
Post a Comment