CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

simply amazed...

The other night, Sadie's story was featured on the channel 5 news here in Salt Lake City. (Here's the link to the KSL website: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=2928282#) I was so impressed by T and Zac. They have such amazing strength and have such love and faith. It continues to astound me everyday. One of the great things about the story was the comments on the story afterward. There was such a strong support for the family and so many people, who don't even know the Huish's personally, offering prayers, sympathy and support. If there is anything great coming out of this situation, it is the fact that it is bringing out the best in people. It is causing people to stop thinking about the small, minute things in their own personal life and focus some very real faith and love to someone else. It's completely selfless and completely beautiful... In a world that is supposedly filled with negative things, this situation reaffirms that there is something sincere and selfless about humanity. That fills me with hope.

It's been amazing to see the support to me personally as well. Honestly, I haven't been taking this news very well at all. I tend to lay in bed at night and look at the lights over the Salt Lake valley and just think. It's almost a numb feeling at times and I find it hard to find motivation - It's strange to admit. I mean, I'm Sadie's uncle. I'm not necessarily that close with my uncles, so I feel at times that it's odd to see myself in such a complete mess about this. But then I think about my nieces and nephews... Oh my God. They are all such great kids. I may not see them every weekend or send them cards on birthdays, but I love them like they are my own. I mean, I think it comes with being gay... I may not have children of my own, so I completely adore the relationships that I have with each of them. Its the small things - like recently, before anyone knew of Sadie's condition, I met T at the South Towne Mall and was there when Sadie and Olivia got their ears pierced. I cherish those moments with all of my nieces and nephews - and now this situation makes me cherish them that much more... But, I think people around me have noticed a change and know of the situation and have really stepped in and helped me during this time. Scott has been a damn saint - he keeps all of his opera friends and his co-workers up to date with the race and Sadie's condition. He also gives me space when I need it, or comfort, or just let's me cry on his shoulder. He even posted a comment on the KSL website, rebuking the nasty comments, then leaving a positive message let people know about the 5K. I feel really grateful to have him during all this. And then there are friends that I have had little contact with before, who have called or e-mailed and wanted to know that they are thinking of me and the family. It makes me realize what a tremendous support I have as well.

It is such a bittersweet moment for me in life...

By the way, people keep signing up for the 5K everyday. Since I'm the one who put together the team '5 for 5 - 5K for 5-year-old Sadie huish' on the Salt Lake Marathon page, I'm the team captain. So automatically, when people sign up for the race, it sends me notification. It is going to be so intense - so many people have let me know of their support for Sadie and the family... I can't wait to see the turnout.

I need to update the other blog, but check back at five-for-five.blogspot.com. There will probably be more information about shirts and whatnot in the next week or so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good uncle and brother. I just luve ya!

tina

Anonymous said...

Don't worry I do know how to spell....luv, not "luve"

Amanda Bishop said...

Hey...I do not know you but I am the photographer that took Sadies' pictures. Are you running the SL marathon on the 19th?