CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

highlights and editing

I'm back.

I took a little hiatus simply because I haven't really had time to sit down and relax, let alone think constructively enough attempt at a blog. But here it is - and the thoughts are definitely rolling...

In regard to Sadie, her wishes were granted (God bless the Make-A-Wish Foundation... Seriously.) - she was able to go to Disneyworld and meet all the princesses. I'll be going over to her house tomorrow to make a cake (white cake with chocolate frosting and gumdrops - her request) , so I'm excited to hear all about it and see the pictures... There was a moment there where it looked like it might not happen... so thank God for the fact that they were able to make it there.
Also, in regard to my last few blogs about Sadie's Make-A-Wish party and the grand send-off, I did end up going... I didn't stay long (since I was on my lunch break from work) but it was beautiful. I'm glad I was able to see Sadie and T before they left... I really felt that I had to go - simply, for nobody else but them... and myself.

So - I'm not sure if I wrote this already, but Scott and I have made an official date for leaving to Chicago - July 28. That only leaves us with about two months to get our shit together and move it on out. I think I've been handling the idea of leaving well - but in all reality, it's only when I'm moving a mile a minute and I hardly have to think. It's something that stays in the back of my mind, just floating around... and then I have a day off (like today) and I have a sense of nostalgia for Utah when I haven't even left yet.

Maybe it's also the fact that I'll be turning 25 soon. I'll officially be in my mid-twenties... and while that is still pretty young and I still have a lot to learn, I really feel that I've dealt with, learned from, and made it through quite a bit. I find myself longing for old friendships I've let slip - yet at the same time, doing my best to let some friendships stay in the sidelines. I find myself holding on to little mementos of yesteryear - and at the same time throwing or giving away items simply because it reminds me of someone or a particular situation.

I guess we all do that at sometime... editing our past, in a sense. Highlighting the parts we love and putting black lines through the parts that seem better left forgotten.

I guess with this big change coming up, I'm really wanting to start out this chapter on fresh, solid ground. I feel like I need to learn from my previous 24 years in the next two months, apply it well, and kick some ass in the years to come. In fact, I expect that of myself.

I don't know... I feel really emotional lately. There seems to be so much going on all at once that I hardly have time to think - and when I do, it feels like the cork comes flying off the bottle.

It was pretty nice today though... I was running at Liberty Park and listening to my MP3 player when I saw that there were baby geese wading in the pond... so I stopped running and just walked around and through the park. And without the music, I was filled with memories of tennis matches with me and my best friend when I was younger, or playing at the carnival area when my class would go there for field trips, or remembering stories of my mom growing up on that park and hearing how she met my dad there --- More highlights...
I'm getting the impression I need to take a little more time out of the world and start getting more in touch with me - you know, to do a little more highlighting and editing.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Isn't it amazing how, when we look back on our life, the things that everyone told us would be the most amazing-wonderful-whatever experiences turn out to be the edited parts. And the highlighted parts are the ones that you barely survived... Life is a challenge... Your best moments will rarely be the ones you expect them to be. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so down for the tea thing!!! That gave me a good giggle. Love ya much!